Drive designed for offshore and onshore applications for:
– Three-phase asynchronous motors
– Three-phase synchronous motors
Drive derived from the Sinus Penta, designed for marine environment and applications exposed to strong vibrations, in compliance with Det Norske Veritas “Rules for Classification of Ships, High Speed & Light Craft” and Det Norske Veritas “Offshore Standards”
Voltage class 2T
200 to 240Vac or 280 to 340Vdc (-15%, +10%)
3 to 200kW
Voltage class 4T
380 to 500Vac or 530 to 705Vdc (-15%, +10%)
4.5 to 500kW
Voltage class 5T
500 to 600Vac or 705 to 845Vdc (-15%, +10%)
4 to 560kW
Voltage class 6T
575 to 690Vac or 815 to 970Vdc (-15%, +10%)
5.5 to 630kW
– Robust and reliable design, ensuring resistance to vibrations, heat and humidity, the typical conditions on platforms and aboard ships
– May be installed offshore and onshore
– Fully made of steel
– Wide range of operating temperature with no derating: -10°C to 55°C
– Tropicalized boards (conformal coating)
– Overload up to 200% for 2 minutes every 20 minutes or 1 minute every 10min (depending on the drive model)
– Peak current up to 240% for 3 seconds
– Input frequency: 50-60Hz
– Integrated RS485 serial port, MODBUS RTU communications protocol
– Wide range of integrated protection features
– Output frequency adjustment from 0 to 599Hz (up to 1000Hz on demand)
– Degree of protection IP00, IP20, IP54
– Parallel configuration also available
– Smart cooling system – Through-panel assembly for the segregation of the servoventilation channels
– SINUS PENTA CABINET/BOX in electrical cabinet also available
– Compatible with TN-S, TN-C, TN-CS and TT networks Compatibility with IT networks available on demand
– Manufactured with top quality materials, totally Made in Italy
– Integrate d Safe Torque Off (STO) function, Sil3 and EN ISO 13849-1, PL-d
– Certification: CE, DNV
– Compatible with the Easy Harmonics software computing harmonic current damping
– Compatible with the “REMOTE DRIVE” software for the remote control of the device
One product, 5 control modes:
– IFD (Inverter Frequency Drive): vector modulation function for general-purpose applications (V/f pattern).
– VTC (Vector Torque Control): sensorless vector function for high-torque performance applications.
– FOC (Field Oriented Control): vector function with encoder for high torque accuracy and wide speed range.
– SYN (Synchronous): vector function for brushless PMSMs featuring high torque accuracy and high energy efficiency.
– RGN (Regenerative): regenerative sinusoidal AC/DC power supply unit, PF =1, for direct power supply of a series of drives.
Outstanding programming flexibility for each specific industrial application
– Smart Voltage Control now available: innovative algorithm hindering DC voltage increase with no need to apply external braking resistors.
– Open-loop speed accuracy: ±0.5% of max. speed. Closed-loop speed accuracy(with encoder): <0.01% of max. speed.
N.4 overload classes
– Light: up to 120% for 60s every 10 minutes or for 120s every 20 minutes – Ipeak up to 144% for 3s (depending on the model)
– Standard: up to 140% every 10 minutes or for 120s every 20 minutes – Ipeak up to 168% for 3s (ddepending on the model)
– Heavy: up to 175% for 60s every 10 minutes or for 120s every 20 minutes – Ipeak up to 210% for 3s (depending on the model)
– Strong: up to 200% every 10 minutes or for 120s every 20 minutes – Ipeak up to 240% for 3s (depending on the model)
Most part of encoders are connected directly to the control board, with no need to connect optional boards for the FOC mode
– Autocalibration of the motor parameter tuning
– Advanced connectivity for the integration of a wide range of field buses.
– Extensive range of STANDARD I/Os
The following configuration options may be integrated into the product:
– Breaking unit: configuration with braking unit integrated up to size S32 included. An external braking unit is available for sizes greater than S32.
– EMC Filter: Product version featuring integrated input filters in compliance with EN61800-3 2nd ed. In that case, the product ID is differentiated by suffix A1, A2, B. The integrated filters limit disturbance within the allowable ranges.
– Degree of protection IP54: Models with degree of protection IP54 available up to size S32 included (220kW).
– Operating devices: Set of operating devices on the front door, including a potentiometer, a mushroom-head push-button and a key-operated selector switch. Available for IP54 models only.
– Sinus Penta Parallel, configuration in parallel of 2 or 3 drives to control a single motor; available for size S41, S42, S51, S52. Benefits given by this solution: lower cost; improved stock management—the product may be modified for the connection in parallel by way of a special kit available on demand; easier repairings/replacement; space-saving.
– 12-pulse or 18-pulse power supply: from size S41 up, power supply may be 12-pulse/18-pulse to reduce the current harmonic contents in the power supply line.
– The PENTA MARINE drive in Regenerative configuration enables bidirectional interface with the mains, with power factor = 1 (true AFE application). Its true sine wave also enables dramatically reducing the THD below 5% and obtaining THDV = 0.
– Extensive range of external accessories: input and output filters, encoder, resolver, braking resistors, etc.